With the following step-by-step instructions you’ll learn to use the PIRCHE-Module within a couple of minutes.
PIRCHE a patient with two donors in a minute
- Open “www.pirche.org” in your favorite web browser an press “Sign in”. In the login window enter your credentials and press “Sign in”.
- You will forwarded to the “Single Patient” page. Here you can enter typing information for a patient and typings of several donors.
- For this tutorial we assume you have typing information of your patient and for one of your donors available in a text file.
- Select the patient row of your file and copy it. Paste it into the input wizard field that is labeled with “paste data here”. Your data will be instantly processed and the extracted typing information will show up. (Note that BMDW and Optimatch® are also valid sources for copy and pasting)
- Repeat the step for the donor. The donor typing will be extracted instantly.
- We are interested in a second donor whose typing we just have “on paper”. We click on the plus sign on the right of our existing donor.
- In the empty donor row we press on the left arrow button. This copies over the typing of the patient – this is good starting point without having to enter all the identical alleles. We just have to enter our donor ID and the changes compared to the patient’s typing.
- We are all set. Now we press “Match”.
- Here we go – our first PIRCHE results.
How to read PIRCHE outputs
PIRCHE outputs are displayed in an interactive table. You can filter the donor ID, by mismatched locus, order the results by PIRCHE value and view the details. By default, the results are ordered descending by PIRCHE score. The “best” donors in terms of PIRCHE are in the first rows, the “worst” donors are in the last rows. Alleles highlighted in red are mismatched to the patient typing.
By clicking on a row, you can access the details of a PIRCHE result. You can see the possibly “problematic” peptides grouped by presenting HLA molecule. Each of these peptides is unknown to the donor immune system and might cause or boost a GvHD.
PIRCHE patients and donors in a minute or two
In addition to the one minute tutorial, we want to tell you about some more features helping you to enter your typing data.
By clicking on “Home” you can start over from scratch with all empty fields. If you just want to clear fields of the patient or one of the donors, click on the “X” in the intended row. If you need some more donor rows, click on the “+” in the last donor row. If you want to remove a donor completely (no matter if filled with data or empty), click on the “-” button in the intended row.
The input wizard allows copying data either as a comma separated text where each row contains a typing (note that you can also paste multiple donors at once) or from other web tools. Currently, copying typings from BMDW and Optimatch® is possible.
HLA values are validated immediately, giving you a hint on typos or old nomenclature. When copying over a couple of donors, you might get a couple of highlighted input fields where you would have to check values.